JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Dental Patient Service Representative is responsible for the smooth administrative entry and exit of the dental patient. Using the appropriate systems, the Dental Receptionist verifies and/or updates patient demographic and insurance information, verifies insurance eligibility and copayments, collects and posts co-payments, contacts referrals to setup appointments, carefully maintains the dental schedule and refers the patient to an Enrollment Specialist when appropriate.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Greet all patients
- Distribute “New Patient” and “Health History” forms to new patients and assist with completion if needed
- Use two identifiers, name and date of birth, to verify patient identity
- Register and update current information in Dentrix, with proper spelling and verified information
- Verify patient’s insurance eligibility with the insurance carrier
- Collect co-pays and enter payment into Dentrix and provide payer with a receipt at time of transaction
- Tie out daily payments received between Daily Deposit Sheet and payments in drawer
- Diligently manage schedule, adhering to the providers’ templates
- Contact referrals to setup appointments
- Assist in resolving any scheduling problems or rescheduling patients when needed
- Complete appointment reminder phone calls
- Answer telephone calls in professional manner and respond to the caller by providing correct information and/or taking the appropriate action(s)
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of work experience in a healthcare environment
- Six months of experience using Microsoft Office software
- Six months of experience using electronic dental or medical record software