Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology is seeking a System Linux System Engineer with the following skills to support a Homeland Security customer in Reston, VA. The candidate must have a valid top-secret clearance and receive DHS Suitability before starting the position. Onsite support in Reston, VA. is required to start with the flexibility of moving to remote with minimal onsite requirements once learning the job.
This role provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Additional responsibilities are listed below:
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client problems
- Provides second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Must possess experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware. This resource must have experience with DHS Data Center environments, configurations, and processes in order to effectively support the LeadTrac implementation
- Must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain DHS Maintains files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Proactively manages and supports all non-production and production environments
- Provides technical support required to maintain configuration control files
- Identifies and resolves errors or problems with existing programs
- Subject matter expert and strong working level knowledge of: Network Architecture (WAN/LAN/Capacity Planning / Data Center Topologies), Database Technologies and Storage Architecture
- Strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows/Linux
- Virtualization technologies (AppLogic, VMWare)
- Linux Operating Systems (RedHat)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Web Server technologies (IIS, Apache)Q suitability required
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related IT field or equivalent education and work experience. 8+ years of relevant experience
- Lead the planning, design, and implementation for network, computing and storage technologies
- Experience with design documents, architecture plans, construction of infrastructure systems and applications
- Technical lead in the design and installation of cloud based non-production and production systems
- Manages existing hardware and software configurations. Documents solutions, including build and maintenance plans.
- Installs O/S releases and system upgrades; evaluates and installs patches; and resolves software-related problems
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/