We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who can combine artistic design vision with programming and development best-practices. Responsibilities will include translation of website design wireframes to production in a Wordpress environment. You will work with the Creative Lead, Marketing Manager, and other team members to create an immersive, rich experience for our web visitors.
2. Collaborate with visual designers on wireframes & mockups, evaluate design deliverables for build feasibility and provide constructive feedback to stakeholders
3. Create new template layouts in WordPress
4. Recommend solutions for new requirements
5. Create digital assets to support marketing efforts, including landing pages, HTML emails, and other customer-facing assets.
6. Perform cross-browser testing and remediation for front-end performance and quality assurance
7. Ensure all development supports site-speed, SEO, and other performance standards
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient in responsive web design and browser compatibility best practices
• Experience with coding PHP, specifically for WordPress as a platform, including a proficient understanding of the template hierarchy, custom post types, taxonomies, custom meta, and use of WordPress beyond typical "blog" use cases
• Experience with wpengine is a plus • Experience following SEO best practices, including using performance & accessibility standards, schema.org markup, AMP, Google Tag Manager, Webmaster Tools, etc.
• Knowledge implementing and working with Google Tag Manager
• Experience with version control (Git) is a plus
• Experience creating custom Gutenberg blocks is a big plus
Education and Experience
4+ years working in website development Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.