Pilatus is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our US completions center in Broomfield, CO. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing project requests related to all aspects of aircraft systems engineering and integration, including avionics, electrical, and mechanical modifications - from concept to certification. Working closely with the Completions department, you will prepare various reports, inspection and test/acceptance procedures, and provide technical assistance. A successful person in this position will thrive in the fast-paced and dynamic environment that balances the day-to-day workflow with long-term strategic objectives. Take your career to the next level with Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd!
- Identifies and manages outside engineering products and services suppliers with respect to statement of work, schedule, design review, project management, and product certification
- Designs, develops, implements, and manages modifications to PC-12 and PC-24 aircraft from concept through completion of Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process, with emphasis on the following:
- Production of electrical wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and related instructions
- Design test plans and reports in compliance with FAA requirements
- Compile certification, engineering, and compliance documents
- Responsible for planning, coordination, and liaison for all certification activities required to achieve FAA STC approvals, maintenance, and validation of current and future approvals
- Acts as the department focal point for assigned projects and tasks
- Supports technical meetings, design reviews, and product acceptance with customers and authorities
- Provides technical guidance in all aspects of avionics, electrical, and aircraft systems integration
- Works closely with Quality Assurance to obtain FAA Field approvals as needed
- Coordinates various engineering aspects with Pilatus Aircraft OEM Engineering in Switzerland to ensure conformance with established engineering standards, procedures, and practices
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent electrical/avionics engineering qualifications and 3-5 years of related experience is required for this position
- Experience with complex General Aviation aircraft electrical/avionics systems and aircraft systems integration (Pilatus PC-12/PC-24 type and/or Honeywell APEX/EPIC familiarity strongly desired)
- Strong familiarity and demonstrated experience with 14 CFR Part 23 compliance requirements are required (TCCA CAR523 and EASA CS 23 experience beneficial)
- Engineering experience in Medical/Law Enforcement airborne systems integration is strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience including systems testing and troubleshooting desired
- CAD application knowledge (ECAD experience is a must (OrCAD desired) as well as PDM/PLM familiarity such as Siemens Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Solid Edge application knowledge is beneficial)
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills, and multitasking
- Demonstrated experience in Completions Center or Part 145 Repair Station environment beneficial
- Demonstrated project management and task prioritization skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally and full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Annual employee incentive award program based on the achievement of certain business and individual performance goals
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $80,000 - $112,000 per year depending on experience
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NG and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.