American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and helped thousands of farm families make a go of it (primarily through programs that increase farm viability and/or enhance farmland access). Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are inclusive. We embrace differences. We recognize and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all our employees. We celebrate the unique traditions, heritages, and experiences our employees bring to the workplace. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity, and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Reporting directly to the CFO and VP of Finance & Administration the Database Manager will lead and direct functions by designing, maintaining, and monitoring our current/future database systems.
As an integral part of the AFT team, the Database Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining database systems across the organization. The Database Manager plays a primary role in ensuring that all systems are running accurately, and staff are properly trained in the databases used. These currently include Microsoft Dynamics365, SharePoint and within the next year a new CRM on the Microsoft platform. The Database Manager will work with a third-party partner to implement new portions of systems. AFT is in the very early stages of Dynamics 365 adoption.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Design usage of database systems.
- Enhances the effectiveness of database tools and services.
- Help build the structure and design of the database.
- Enhance the scalability and performance of existing database structures and recommend improvements by aligning systems with business needs
- Monitor & improve database performance with testing and troubleshooting.
- Keep up to date with technological developments.
- Address database related queries from staff.
- Develop technical solutions for any problems related to database system.
- Conduct regular data auditing to maintain integrity of the database.
- Ensure data security.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders to identify business requirements
- Set policies and standard operating procedures for database design and use
- Work with database developers to implement new tools and integrate with various systems or eliminate unnecessary systems.
- Champion use of Dynamics365 and SharePoint to all end users.
- Manage project timelines for implementation of new features.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, specifically Dynamics 365 and SharePoint.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, data security and server management.
- Familiarity with CRM infrastructure and implementation.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and issues
- Advanced analytical organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s or higher in management information systems, computer science or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in database management or similar role
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce required.
Why you should apply
- Be a part of a purpose-driven, committed, knowledgeable, high-performing, experienced and fun team
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- A cause and mission you can be proud of
- Competitive compensation & Benefits
- Remote work opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
Ready to apply? If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the ‘apply’ button below.