This position will be responsible for safely and efficiently operating machines to ensure the highest quality labels are sent to customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively perform machine operations – converting post-press product into finished product by following job ticket instructions.
- Responsible for ensuring that machines are operating efficiently while producing product that conforms to quality standards.
- Accurately setup machines to cut and rewind to specific customer requirements.
- Perform and document quality checks to ensure compliance with company standards and customer specifications.
- Retrieve cores, boxes, and other supplies and materials for the machine and daily operation.
- Inspect equipment for defects and perform maintenance duties as necessary.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets, as well as comprehend verbal instructions.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in department meetings, training, and continuous improvement events.
- Serve as an example of what our company values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- Basic math skills and understanding of metric and standard measurements/ conversions.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following standard work instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate safely and efficiently while producing high quality work.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with a team.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year of experience or more working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the role
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to some hazardous conditions but not limited to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals, etc. Safety regulations in place following OSHA guidelines.
- Must be able to lift / push / pull up to 100 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for the majority of shift – 2 hour increments.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, grasp, climb and reach frequently.
Brook & Whittle Ltd. is one of North America’s leading Sustainable Labeling Solutions providers, producing pressure sensitive, flexographic and shrink sleeve labels for many of the nation’s leading brands. The company serves multiple consumer markets, including Personal Care, Beverage, Food, Nutraceuticals, Wine & Spirits, and Household Chemicals.
The company’s rapid growth can be attributed to its world-class staff of employees and its commitment to sustainability, print innovation, and the latest technological advancements. Wouldn’t it be cool to go into a store, pick up a product and say “we make that label”!
Our culture is first and foremost one of collaboration and teamwork. We hold ourselves to high professional, ethical, and fairness standards. We have zero tolerance for anything less. We celebrate our diverse workforce and reward good performance through our recognition program, advancement opportunities, and our compensation structure. We welcome you to consider being a part of this great team.
We’re passionate about leaving the planet better than we found it. But we can’t do it alone. We need trailblazers, independent and outside-the-box thinkers. People who are eager to learn, eager to succeed and have a passion for working as a team to solve technical and creative challenges.
At Brook + Whittle, we have the opportunity to do impactful work each and every day.
Brook & Whittle LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brook & Whittle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brook & Whittle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brook & Whittle LTD’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restriction.