Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA's team members use our careers — whether in our clinics or our business office to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
- This position begins with in-office training in our Nashville business office. This training will require daily, 5 days/week onsite during training for 1-8 weeks, depending on experience and training progress
- The Certified Coder assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management, ensuring that clinic charges are coded and consistent with documentation and applicable coding policies
- Review and abstract clinic patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, and surgical procedures for professional services
- Ensure all services documented in the patient's medical record are coded with appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes
- Utilize query process, as needed, to ensure coding and documentation are appropriate
- Enter CPT codes into PM system, utilizing pre and post-processor editing scrub systems
- Manage charge holds, as needed
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and stay current with: CPT-4, ICD-10, HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation
- Maintain productivity and accuracy metrics
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience entering charges - preferably in Orthopaedics
- Must be CPC or CCS-P certified (will consider CPC-A)
- Have a good working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers