RETTEW is looking for a Human Resources/Payroll (HR/PR) Assistant with strong attention to detail and communication skills. This position offers a flexible work environment and can go from hybrid to remote.
The HR/PR Assistant supports the day-to-day operations of the HR Team. Day-to-day responsibilities include assisting with timely and accurate implementation of the HR and payroll functions. Demonstrating a strong sense of urgency in completing assignments, while maintaining a high-level of discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive HR and payroll-related matters and information. Proactively communicates and collaborates with HR team, internal and external clients to meet established deadlines and support the organization. Interacts with all levels of employees and management.
At RETTEW we empower our people to rethink what’s possible. When you meet our team, you will find creators, visionaries and problem-solvers designing exciting solutions for our clients. Our company is 100% employee-owned, and we proudly work on projects that protect public health, promote environmental stewardship, and deliver sustainable solutions for our clients and communities. RETTEW offers training, mentorship, and flexible work options to constantly strive to improve ourselves so we can better support our clients, communities, and each other. If you have the technical expertise, drive, and collaborative mindset, RETTEW is probably a great fit for you!
1. HR Team Support
- Work with HR team to document and prioritize assignments by maintaining the team’s project list and annual year-end calendar.
- Perform research as requested.
- Enter, maintain, and verify employee data in various systems.
- As needed, create, maintain, and coordinate corporate communications.
- Respond to and/or forward, as appropriate, questions and requests from current and former employees, and external vendors.
- Schedule and participate in monthly team meetings; coordinate and disseminate agenda and other relevant documents prior to the meetings.
- Manage employee work environment selection process. Provide education, support, and reports as needed.
- Create and maintain employee and team electronic and hard copy files.
- Track and assist in developing HR’s annual budget.
- Process monthly HR credit card statements by established deadline ensuring reports are accurate and backup documentation is included.
- As requested, processes invoices and check requests.
- Process new hire paperwork.
- Primary contact for completing employment verifications.
- Designated back-up for new employee corporate orientation.
- Assist senior level HR staff with background checks.
- Primary processor of HR webpage on Company intranet.
- Maintain PPM and edit policies as requested, update on intranet and in HRIS as needed.
- Work with HR team on special projects.
- Designated back-up to Payroll Processor. To remain current on the process, process payroll multiple times per year and in the Payroll Processor absence.
- Provide ongoing support to the payroll function as needed in the areas of taxes, research, and employee communications.
- Process quarterly mileage logs for individuals with vehicle allowances and senior leaders with company vehicles. Provide information to payroll for timely processing.
- Inputs quarterly INSAD wages.
- Review and confirm entry of employee changes into HRIS/Payroll system and employee 401(k) portal.
- Primary processor for unemployment claims ensuring timely and accurate submission, coordinate with Payroll Processor as needed.
- Take the lead processing and communicating with operations team members on prevailing wage/scale payrolls to ensure compliance; work closely with Payroll Processor as needed.
- Develop, with assistance from the Senior HR Administrator and Financial Services, the fringe cost for prevailing wage/scale jobs.
- Perform 401(k) and HSA payroll reconciliations.
3. General Administrative
- Assist team with administrative tasks as needed.
- Ensure established company standards are adhered to in the preparation of documents; perform proofing and editing, as needed.
- Assist with overflow work within the team.
- Create and/or assist in the preparation of presentations.
- Support compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility are compliant with applicable laws and company policy.
- Develop and maintain the team’s record retention matrix.
- Maintain federal client matrix and assist with federal contract projects, as needed.
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% ESOP
- Medical Vision and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off (no use it or lose it)
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) with company match
- Cultural celebrations
- Regular forums on diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Paid registration and certification exam fees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association dues
Apply NOW! Tell a friend! Share to your network! RETTEW provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled