Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are growing quickly and are searching for a Network Administrator to design and implement equipment installation plans based on Network Administrator’s specifications, maintain each component of the network, and troubleshoot issues within the organization/clients. Also, will be responsible for monitoring the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all internet security software is updated regularly. Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
· Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
· Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
· Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
· Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
· Support and administer firewall, routing and switching environments for maximum network efficiency and in line with IT security policy
· Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
· Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
· Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
· Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
· Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
· Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
· Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
· Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field OR High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field. Prefer Bachelor’s/master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronics.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
· 3+ years of experience in network architecture and deployment
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing sophisticated computer network
· Cisco certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate required
· Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
· Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
· Analytical, data driven problem solver
· Prior consulting experience a plus.
· Some travel (up to 25%) may be required to client site.
Nice to have:
· Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) - at associate, specialist, professional and expert levels
* Proficient with any scripting language.
* Azure, AWS, and/or GCP cloud experience.