Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economic and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for merchants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
Go to www.newmarkmerrill.com to learn more about the company and its culture.
Prepare timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements for all properties and review general ledgers for accurate accounts receivable and accounts payable entries as well as posting journal entries
- Prepare and analyze any necessary supporting schedules in relation to the preparation of the monthly financials
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze annual CAM reconciliations
- Review leases and bill tenants as appropriate
- Review/analyze and respond/correspond to all tenant disputes related to CAM reconciliation/billings
- Prepare tenant adjustments as necessary
- Calculate CPI and percentage rent calculations
- Work with property managers to prepare the annual budget for each property as well as calculate tenant’s CAM estimates
- Prepare lender reserve draws if applicable for the reimbursement of TI’s/ leasing commissions and capital items
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of experience in property management accounting including the preparation of CAM reconciliations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- A high level of proficiency in Excel
- MRI or Yardi accounting software experience preferred
- Team oriented and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure