The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority is seeking applications for future opportunities as an Airport Custodial Worker I in our Terminal/Landside Operations division, starting at $19.15 per hour, with night shift differential available. We are seeking individuals who want to make a difference through their dedication to keeping a clean airport for the benefit of the traveling public and airport visitors. Must be able to work any shift due to 24/7 airport operations.
- Performs routine manual work involving building cleaning and general labor tasks. All work is reviewed and specific instructions are given on each new assignment by a superior. This position involves no supervision.
- Scrubs, mops, waxes, sweeps, and polishes floors.
- Utilizes manual cleaning tools and mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuum cleaners and mechanized floor cleaners.
- Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Washes windows, blinds, woodwork, toilets, washrooms, and fixtures.
- Periodically cleans and washes various high areas such as ceiling light fixtures and room ventilation apparatus.
- Moves desks, chairs and other furniture and equipment from place to place as directed and prepared building facilities for organizational activities and special events.
- Collects and disposes of paper and rubbish.
- Refills soap, toilet tissue and paper towel containers.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks, transports supplies to proper areas, assists in the handling of bulky or heavy articles.
- Washes outside windows, polices outside property to keep free from trash and refuse.
- Clears snow and salts walkways, driveways and parking areas with snow removal equipment.
- Does related work as required.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment commonly used in custodial work.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of this position, including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, moving arms and hands, stretching, standing and walking for long periods of time.
*Any offer of employment would be contingent on passing a security clearance background check and pre-employment drug test.
None. Previous cleaning/custodial experience is preferred.
The Authority offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off, New York State deferred compensation (457b), Employee Assistance Program and membership in the New York State Local and Employee Retirement System.
To learn more about our organization, visit: http://www.syrsraa.com/.
Interested candidates should apply online and include 3 professional references.