How can you design and build Critical Infrastructure faster, smarter, and safer with the same old processes, technology, and systems? Quite simply, you cannot.
That’s where Essentia comes in. We’re hiring experienced Technical Project Managers who desire to evolve the capabilities they can provide the Critical Infrastructure sector. From drone data collection to automated deliverables, our forward-thinking solutions are empowering utilities to break away from the status quo.
So, why let your toolbox weigh you down when Essentia’s innovations can bring your career to new heights?
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to manage organization of key client projects and accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Educational background, engineering for technical project managers
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Professional Engineer License a plus
- Minimum five years of experience
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in transport network equipment or wireless radio systems or supervisory control and data acquisition or fiber optic cable networks or communication facility systems
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Performs project or proposal presentations
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Lead the project technical objectives
- Trains engineers to perform technical assignments
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a project budget; initiating corrective actions
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- BCBS medical plans with Blue Connect Wellness program
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Pet Insurance discount
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.