Local Roots is dedicated to making Pittsburgh more beautiful from the outside in. We pride ourselves in providing only the best quality work and expect the Hardscape Construction Foreman to take the same pride and ownership in the jobs they oversee. This position requires interaction with others from different backgrounds, experience levels, and work ethics. It is expected that the Hardscape Construction Foreman leads their team in demonstrating kindness, respect, and professionalism, especially with those who do not reciprocate.
This position will be able to create things they never thought possible while using state of the art equipment and technology. If you have never been able to take pride in your work, that is about to change!
As a professional at Local Roots, responsibility and trustworthiness are central to maintain a healthy working climate. The Foreman should maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the customer, with their crew, and with the management team.
The Hardscape Construction Team Leader will be responsible for leading themselves, 1-2 crew members, and equipment operation as well as ensuring that all assigned projects are well-maintained and well executed. Typical assigned jobs will include segmental retaining walls, paver patios, natural stone work, edging, concrete, carpentry, grading/excavation, and drainage. The Hardscape Construction Team Leader reports directly to the Manager of Landscaping for all concerns, questions, issues, and customer requests.
The physical demands of this job require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and frequently operating machinery. This job requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements. This may include heavy to moderate noise and exposure to tools and machines used in outdoor construction.
- Employee Health Care, Dental, Vision, and ST/LT Disability provided
- Retirement plan with a company match
- 5-10 days PTO per year to start
- 6 paid holidays
- Current and valid PA Driver’s license
- Competence in driving a commercial truck
- 1-2 years Experience in a leadership role
- 3-4 years minimum of Hardscape experience. Duties would include building Outdoor Kitchens, Fireplaces, Fire Pits, Patios, Retaining Walls, Walkways, Driveways, etc.
- Masonry skills (Preferred)
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
- NCMA & ICPI certifications (Preferred)
- Current PA DOT Medical Card required prior to start date (Paid for by Local Roots)
- Class A CDL (Preferred)
- Experience in a leadership role
- Able to work approximately 40-55 hours per week from March-December
- Able to work approximately 15-40 hours per week from January-February
- Expertise in operating ALL landscaping/hardscaping equipment, powered and non-powered.
- Adept in operating all relevant heavy machinery at Local Roots Landscaping
- Expertise in segmental retaining walls, paver patios, natural stone work, edging, concrete, carpentry, grading/excavation, and drainage
- Proficiency in onsite small equipment repairs
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Reliability and timeliness
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions