Pay Range: $47,840 - $71,760/yr
Status: Year-round Salary (Exempt)
Arapahoe Basin Lift Operations staff enjoys working with guests and aims to provide exceptional customer service every day.
We are passionate about skiing and snowboarding and sharing that enthusiasm with our guests. One thing is for sure, we work hard and we play hard.
As the Lift Operations Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the Lift Operations department during A-Basin’s winter and summer operating seasons. This position is responsible for training and managing a staff of about 60 employees, coordinating with other on-mountain departments regarding lift openings and closures, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
The Lift Operations Manager will also plan and manage the A-Basin disc golf course during the summer season.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Perks and Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-year bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the overall operations of the Lift Operations staff; communicate progress with the Director of Lifts and Snow Surfaces
- Perform all administrative functions for the Lift Operations department including: onboarding, performance concerns, scheduling, payroll, hiring, training, and other related administrative functions
- Direct and ensure lift areas are setup to company and tramway standards
- Communicate with other mountain operations such as Ski Patrol and Lift Maintenance in regards to lift openings and closures
- Work with guests to resolve pass or ticketing issues
- Conduct the daily lift start-ups, including being on property early in case of road closures or avalanche blasting
- Understand and adhere to company policies; ensure all Lift Operations staff are trained to these guidelines
- Be thoroughly familiar with ANSI B-77, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, and Colorado Skier Safety Act
- Help resolve guest issues and conflicts; promote excellent customer service to all guests
- Plan, set up, and oversee the disc golf course for daily use; prepare the course for tournaments and special events
- Work with the National Forest Service to ensure that the disc golf course is up to code and safe for public use and environmental preservation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of previous lift operations experience
- At least 1 year of previous management experience
- Complete all departmental safety trainings and snowblower training
- Complete all drive terminal training checklists
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or higher
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to safely bump chairs on all A-Basin lifts requiring this technique
- Ability to operate a snowmobile in a safe manner and train staff to A-Basin’s standards
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, pull, push, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to visually and audibly inspect for irregularities in machinery
- Must provide own equipment for skiing and/or snowboarding
- Must be available on weekends and holidays
- This position will work almost 100% of the time outside in a cold, snowy, and high-alpine environment. Noise levels of machinery can be high and exposure to heights is frequent. This position will work with guests frequently on a daily basis. Riding a chairlift is required for this role. Some work will be performed in an office setting using a computer.