About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross seeks a motivated and energetic Proposal Coordinator to collaborate with a dynamic team to support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. If you have a strong understanding of proposal writing, a love of marketing and design, and are aspiring to grow in your career, join our team at Ayers Saint Gross.
We are looking for a smart, detail-oriented individual who wants to continue to elevate their proposal experience, working in a supportive, collaborative environment to independently lead proposal efforts. You will actively participate in marketing activities across the entire firm, with a primary focus on pursuits.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative individual and an enthusiastic team player who can adjust to a variety of working styles. Must be detail-oriented and organized, have excellent verbal and written skills, and have successful experience managing projects independently and in collaborative team settings.
Working closely with the marketing and business development team and firm leadership, the person who succeeds in this role will thoughtfully support the pursuit of new work for the firm.
- Lead and prepare proposals and qualification packages with oversight from senior marketing staff.
- Independently prepare detailed proposal outlines, technical team requirements, proposal schedule, etc.
- Lead and actively participate in kick-off meetings
,with guidance from senior marketing team as needed.
- Work closely with graphic designers and technical experts to produce compliant and differentiating proposals.
- Regularly communicate with subconsultants and track subconsultant materials for proposals.
- Verify that proposal submissions adhere to all solicitation requirements (formatting, content, page count, etc.).
- Independently write and develop tailored content for proposals.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials, including project sheets and resumes.
- Lead client presentation preparation and coordination.
- Be an active participant in pursuit strategy and capture planning sessions.
- Receive active mentoring from senior marketing staff on messaging and technical editing.
- May shadow senior marketers on complex, strategic proposals (for example, serving as marketing lead on one section of a large effort with oversight from a senior marketing coordinator).
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, English, or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office in a PC-environment; familiarity with Vision and Open Asset a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to work well under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively coordinate team efforts
- Highly productive and organized with keen attention to detail
- Highly effective communication skills
- Graphic design or publication design a plus
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.