Lynkers on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for an Cyber Security Engineer with the following skill sets.
In This Position You Will
- Collaborate with project teams to conceptualize and develop applications using security by design principles
- Conduct and assess vulnerability scans (SAST, DAST, SCA) and work with development teams to fix vulnerabilities
- Automate scanning processes to reduce testing workloads
- Monitor for, respond to, and mitigate potential security incidents
- Provides subject matter expertise on cloud application and infrastructure security
- Conduct PII/BII reviews at the application and data levels
- Conduct web policy compliance reviews
- Maintain technical security documentation
- Degree in computer science or related field and 2-4 years of experience in application security and/or software development or equivalent professional certifications and experience
- Understanding of Personally Identifiable Information and protection techniques
- Knowledge of common threats and attack vectors (DDOS, SQL Injection, MITRE ATT&CK, etc.) and mitigation practices
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53 framework
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization mechanics (sessions, API tokens, JWTs)
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL and related security implications.
- Good understanding of cloud architectures and security tools
- Familiarity with Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) Assessment and Authorization processes and documentation
- Initial meet and greet with the hiring manager
- Technical interview
- Processing of a National Agency Check and fingerprinting will be required post job offer
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Coastal County Snapshots
- Sea Level Rise Viewer
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
Lynker is a growing, small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.