Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Quick Quack is looking for a hard-working Maintenance Mechanic to join our team. The Maintenance Mechanic will assist in maintaining Quick Quack Car Wash equipment. They will troubleshoot and repair damaged equipment and will coach Store Leaders on ways they can assist in maintaining their car wash. This person will follow the safety policies of Quick Quack Car Wash while working efficiently and promoting a safe and healthy work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for ensuring the ongoing functioning of car wash facilities.
- Repairs equipment and systems for the purpose of ensuring safe working conditions and operational efficiencies.
- Drives to multiple locations daily to perform both routine and emergency maintenance.
- Safely works on 480-volt control panels and 277-volt lighting circuits. Includes diagnosis, repair, and installation of all washing equipment and variable frequency drives.
- Properly performs lockout/Tagout when working on electrical equipment.
- Understands use of controls, 24v AC/DC through 110v AC. Working knowledge of multiple PLC systems, Sonar, proximity switches, and photo eyes. Cat 5 communication.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and/or replaces and installs hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, valves, flow controls, and making up hoses.
- Performs welding. Stick, MIG, TIG. Welding skills to weld steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting by testing fuses, relays, etc.
- Replaces gearboxes, electrical motors, and drives.
- Demonstrates safe and proper use of hand tools: follows safety guidelines at all times.
- Repairs pumps, conveyors, chains, and rollers in a car wash.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1 -2 years’ experience in maintenance of production equipment or similar maintenance experience required.
- Experience with electrical work preferred.
- Experience with welding preferred.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must have a valid drivers license
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Person will work outside in a loud environment due to car wash equipment. The person will be in constant motion and will have physical activities, such as lifting (0-50 lbs.), bending, reaching and stooping.