$1500 signing bonus
This position works as part of a team caring for production animals (goats, sheep, rabbits) in a large production farm setting. Responsibilities include feeding and watering, cleaning cages, pens and yards, conducting health assessments and providing health treatments such routine medications and vaccinations, trimming hooves and other animal husbandry tasks. Position also includes antibody production tasks such as immunizing animals, drawing blood samples, maintaining supply inventories, and computerized documentation.
We offer a training program in animal care and production operations. As a production facility, we require above-average attention to detail and ability to read and understand written technical documents. We expect a high standard of animal care and diligent compliance with animal welfare regulations.
Full time with great benefits, rotating weekends may be required. This may be a Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday or Weds-Sunday shift. Coverage for weekends and holidays is normally rotated among all team members. Some overtime is occasionally needed.
Hourly rate may be higher for those candidates with relevant industry experience.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D insurances
6% 401(k) match
Accrued time off, plus 11 paid holidays
Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience with large animals is helpful but not required.
· Ability to understand technical documents and work instructions
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently
· Ability to repetitively manipulate feeding scoops, cleaning brushes, hoof trimmers, syringes, etc.
· Ability to operate a tractor or skidsteer is a plus.
· Basic computer skills required for data entry and communications.
· Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs and restrain live animals up to 300 lbs.
· Exposure to all weather and temperature extremes.