Responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow the lesson plan provided by the teacher for whom he / she is substituting in accordance with the Academy’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Maintain appropriate records such as attendance and grades as directed by the Teacher or by school administration.
- Establish and maintain order in the classroom.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the safety and security of students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations.
- State teacher licensure/certification preferred but not required; if not licensed/certified, must meet requirements to be eligible for a temporary/substitute credential according to state requirements.
- Educational credentials as required by the state in which the Academy is located; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to young people’s learning success and achievement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a tutoring or instructional support capacity.
- Evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations.