We Are Looking for a Copywriter Brilliant in Both Hemispheres. Right-Brain Innovation. Left-Brain Logic.
If this sounds like you, we’d like to chat about an exciting opportunity to join our virtual creative team. We’re looking for a copywriter who understands pharmaceutical marketing. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with excellent promotional writing and research skills to help us craft bold and evocative marketing messages, advertising copy, promotional training materials, and digital content that authentically engages our brand’s healthcare audiences.
The role of a copywriter is influenced by the demands of fast-paced agency life with equal importance on creativity, being on-brand and on-time, and considering regulatory guidelines—details and organization matter.
As a vital member of the creative team, you’ll need to translate complex details of various therapeutic areas to create copy and content that motivates sales reps, HCPs, and patients. You will need to thoroughly understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals.
Expect to work closely with the client, strategy, and design teams to brainstorm ideas, execute on the copy concepts, and develop targeted strategic messaging. Thorough research, annotation, and key stakeholder interviewing skills are required. The most successful copywriter will learn quickly with a versatile writing style.
Please share samples of your work.
This Copywriter should possess an understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and be able to communicate brand objectives to authentically connect with audiences. This position requires a highly detailed, creative thinker with excellent storytelling abilities, as well as a love for life sciences, research, and annotation. This role will help craft bold and evocative marketing messages, promotional-only training materials, and digital content that engages and influences sales teams, HCPs, and patients and their caregivers.
Expect to work closely with the client services, strategy team, and designers for project intake, brainstorming ideas, execution, and presentations. Key stakeholder interviewing skills will be required. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style and a curious mind.
Objectives of this Role
Support editorial team by performing daily tasks, including but not limited to:
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of client-related industry trends
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Understand and follow regulatory standards and requirements for successful submissions
- Follow best practices for annotations
- Identify copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; process permission request when required
- Effectively use company project management and communication software
- Attend kickoff, status, and other job-related meetings
- Incorporate client feedback and collaborate with the team to address
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creativity from concepts through execution
- Research and understand the clients’ needs and target audiences, through an online search, review of existing research, and interviews with subject matter experts
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials; use references and annotations as needed
- Collaborate with a team of client service managers, strategists, and creative staff on timelines, allocated resources, and creative execution
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to the client as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Participate in the regulatory responsibilities and requirements to gain asset approvals
Personal Qualities for Success in This Job
- Communicate effectively, including active listening and taking direction
- Manage complexity and recognize when to ask questions
- Resourcefulness, particularly with knowledge application and problem-solving
- Customer focus, mainly by learning how to anticipate customer needs
- Ensure accountability, by following through and taking responsibility
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work; Healthcare/Pharma experience a plus
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, and organizing, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with standard software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat