The Software Configuration / Data Management (CM/DM) Specialist will support Systems Engineering and is responsible for control of the technical configuration of project assets using established processes for organization of individual configuration items, software change control management, software build, software baseline release, data management, configuration status accounting, and configuration auditing in accordance with internal standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support configuration management planning
- Help develop maintain program configuration management plan(s) based on customer requirements and internal CM processes
- Apply program stipulations for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits
- Adhere to the established change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into released product and documentation
- Assist engineering in the software build process followed by manual or automated media creation
- Manage the software release process for various developmental environments
- Perform software baseline merge tasks in support of the programs test and evaluation phases
- Work with IT to administer and maintain version control software
- Support software quality assurance process and audits
- Handle identification, posting, marking, retrieval, organization, and storage of engineering documentation, customer documentation, military specifications, and industry specifications
- Coordinate and participate in Configuration Control Board (CCB) activities
- Coordinate and participate in Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) activities
- Assist with CDRL/SDRL (Contract Data Requirements List/Subcontract Data Requirements List) internal development or deliveries to customers when necessary
- Support internal audits, customer audits, and performs follow up corrective action when necessary
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
2+ Years Experience in the following:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of product development and associated processes executed within a team dynamic
- Ability to earn the CompTIA Security + certification within 60 days of hire
- Experience using Subversion and Git CM tools (or equivalent) in Windows and Linux environments
Familiarity with the following standards and guidance:
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-61A (SE), Configuration Management Guidance
- International Standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207:2017 Systems and software engineering — Software life cycle processes [Specifically clauses 6.3.5 (CM Processes) and 7.2.2 (Software CM Processes)}
- IEEE Std 828-2012 IEEE Standard for Configuration Management in Systems and Software Engineering
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
- TechAmerica Standard EIA-649-B Configuration Management Standard (American National Standards Institute approved as ANSI/EIA 649-B-2011)
ADDTIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented, fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in common business software (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint)
Associates Degree along with technical background in a software development environment or equivalent experience
- Due to contractual requirements must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Must be able and willingness to travel (CONUS/OCONUS)
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
- Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified people with disabilities to perform the job.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.