Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech has an opening for a Teacher Assistant/SLP-A for 6th and 7th grade at our co-located class at Hampshire Regional Middle School in Westhampton, MA. The position is a contracted, 35-hour per week position. The position will start in August 2022.
Duties and Performance Responsibilities
- Provide direct therapy to assigned students in a one-to-one or small group setting based on IEP goals.
- Assist in developing IEP goals and objectives
- Collaborate with classroom teachers in coordinating speech/language learning activities
- Confer with the audiologists to optimize the student’s use of technology
- Check FM and other listening technology
- Maintain all required records and generate necessary reports
- Associate degree in and/or graduation from a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant certificate program OR Bachelors degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders
- MA state licensure as, SLPA
- Experience working with students with hearing loss is desirable
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Sincere desire to work in a listening and spoken language educational environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with classroom teachers and SLPs
- Experience with the IEP process
The position will begin August 2022