WHO WE ARE:
Branches’ mission is “to serve, educate and inspire people through student, family and financial stability services in partnership with our communities.” Branches provides life-changing opportunities to hardworking families and their children so they may break the cycle of generational poverty. Our program areas that serve children and youth focus on student achievement, and our Achieve programs focus on financial wellness services for families and individuals. The Grow program provides afterschool enrichment and tutoring for elementary students. The Climb program serves middle and high school students to enable them to succeed in school and life. The Achieve programs serve adults and provide small business development services, free tax prep, emergency services and disaster relief. Branches also provides personal financial coaching through the United Way Center for Financial Stability, which we house and operate.
The Associate Manager is a strategic leader with a passion for serving students and strong leadership skills. The Associate Manager ensures programs operate with excellence, drives the quality of opportunities for students, and helps students know God by embracing, embodying, and promoting the Branches Way. These distinct W’s articulate how the Branches culture is formed: Words, Worth, Welcome, With, Walk, Wonder.
Direct Service – Grow & Climb Programs
· Coordinates daily activities and lessons for Grow and/or Climb programs.
· Leads the implementation of learning and enrichment activities in afterschool and summer for Kindergarten-5th grade students (Grow program) or middle and high school students (Climb program).
· Develops social-emotional learning, recreation, enrichment, academic, literacy, and college readiness lessons for students
· Builds deep, meaningful relationships with students and families
· Leads youth towards post-secondary success by teaching life and job skills (Climb program)
· Guides eligible youth in applying for Branches’ Climb Higher scholarship (Climb program)
· Develops and implements strategies for effective homework and academic assistance
· Encourages positive behaviors by authentically praising, affirming, and breathing life into students
· Creates and maintains a warm, caring, inclusive, and respectful environment for all students
· Develops program and team schedules
· Holds team members accountable for upholding Department of Children and Families (DCF) licensure standards and organizational policies as detailed in the Grow & Climb Operations Manual
· Ensures demographic, attendance, and outcomes data are collected and recorded timely and accurately
Performance, Learning, and Impact
· Develops goals and priorities annually in collaboration with Student Services leadership team
· Ensures strategies and activities are implemented in a consistently high-quality manner and align with program model and expected outcomes
· Co-leads opportunities across sites to share lessons learned and promising practices
· Assists in developing compelling stories regularly to spark enthusiasm internally and highlight impact externally
Team Leadership and Support
· Works with Program Manager to lead ongoing team meetings that spark joy, connection, and learning
· Assists in aligning teams in supporting and implementing decisions
· Provides clarity about roles, responsibilities, and standards for success
· Inspires high-performing teams through goal-setting, ongoing coaching and feedback, and crucial conversations
· Tracks and approves hours of hourly personnel and AmeriCorps members
· Conducts performance reviews for AmeriCorps members, Youth Guides, and other team members as needed
Branches’ Way – Grow Deeper, Climb Higher
Worth— We believe each person has sacred value, is created in the image of God and has inherent self-worth. People matter and therefore are our priority.
Wonder— We dream and then co-create the future with students and families which means we do not wait for the future to just happen.
Welcome— At Branches all people are welcomed, received and valued in contrast to the rejection and exclusion that people all too often experience in the world.
With — What we do is transformational and not transactional. We connect with people and build relationships as opposed to treating people like a number or a service unit. Together we become the Branches family.
Walk— While the destination is important, we recognize the journey is the essential part. The day-to-day work we do is like walking with people on the journey in which we all explore, discover and become renewed.
Words– We create a positive, hopeful environment at Branches through the ways and the words we speak to others. Be our words fun, friendly, firm or whatever, we always affirm the other and speak with love.
WORKING CONDITIONS OR EXPECTATIONS
Work is performed in an afterschool setting providing services to children and families at the Branches Community Center site. Travel to other Branches sites or meetings is required. Additionally, frequent evening and weekend work may be necessary at times. Reliable transportation is required to fulfill normal duties.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION NOTICE
We follow Federal Law requirements to provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, candidates, and employees who qualify. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to perform any of the job functions of this position.
As a full-time member of Branches, staff are eligible for the following benefits: affordable medical, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance, 12 paid holidays per year, vacation, and sick/personal time off, and 6% retirement matching with the 403 (B) plan.
*Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. We do not sponsor employment visas. *
Education and Experience
· Minimum Bachelor's degree is required.
· Success in working directly with students.
· Experienced in operational and programmatic management, strategic results, team leadership.
· Completion of DCF School-Age Child Care Staff Credential is required during the first year of service.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English necessary; Spanish and/or Creole language skills are a plus.