WHO WE ARE:
Branches is on a mission to educate and inspire people through student, family, and financial wellness services in partnership with our communities.
We believe in meeting the needs of the next generation by addressing both the parent and the child simultaneously in our 2-Gen approach that supports a family’s wellbeing, ensuring that each family member is supported in reaching their full potential. Our holistic approach builds long term, ongoing relationships with local communities to leverage and promote collective impact for the families we serve.
Branches is a multi-faceted community and church-based ministry that creates life changing opportunities for children, youth and families. Our goal is to provide opportunities for students and their families to know Christ, to become better educated, and to be encouraged to make positive life choices.
The Associate Manager in Grow is accountable for driving the quality of opportunities for children in Grades K-5; ensuring Grow operates with excellence; and enhancing performance and impact. The Associate Manager in Grow is responsible for coaching team members; building community; and leading with love, creating hope, and inspiring joy and promise.
- Hold team members accountable to, model and live out the Branches values and ideal of transformational service
- Lead with love by connecting and building deep, meaningful relationships
- Create hope by encouraging positive behaviors and choices; reinforcing the Branches Bee Rules & Standards; and breathing life into students, families, and teams
- Create and compile learning curricula and opportunities in afterschool and summer settings
- Oversee daily program activities; and model the delivery of activities that spark active and joyful engagement
- Monitor the intention and creativity necessary to animate activity plans and learning spaces
Operational & Program Stewardship
- Organize and lead weekly team meetings; develop program and team schedules; and direct team members in the effective completion of daily tasks.
- Uphold grant compliance requirements; Department of Children and Families licensure standards; and organizational policies as detailed in the Branches Employee Handbook and the Grow & Climb Operations Manual
- Recruit and enroll participants; and maintain participant files
- Collect and record participant demographic, attendance, and outcomes data; and ensure the accurate and timely administration and reporting of outcomes assessments and participant feedback
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording and submission of expenditures (e.g., receipts) and income (e.g., cash)
- Attend professional development opportunities as required or needed
- Fill in for Grow & Climb Manager as needed
Performance, Learning, and Impact Leadership
- Conduct programmatic observations, and utilize high-quality data, to devise strategies and supports that continuously improve outcomes over time
- Lead collaboration circles with team members across sites to share lessons learned and promising practices
- Develop compelling stories regularly to spark enthusiasm internally and highlight impact externally
Team & Talent Development
- Assist in attracting and selecting right-fit servant leaders that are mission capable and purposeful
- Assist in implementing accountability systems that provide clarity about standards for success; equipping team members with clearly defined roles and responsibilities; and aligning teams in supporting and implementing decisions
- Develop high performing teams through goal-setting, coaching, and actionable feedback that highlights strengths, accomplishments, and areas for growth
- Assist in connecting team members to meaningful professional development opportunities
- Lead, and conduct performance reviews for, Coaches, Associate Coaches, and AmeriCorps members; and direct adult mentors/volunteers
- Track and approve hours of hourly team members
Cornerstone for Community
- Assist in strengthening partnerships and relationships with school administrators, teachers and support staff; families; and local community organizations to enhance value and impact
- Assist in planning and providing ongoing community-building and family engagement opportunities at Branches
- Provide ongoing communication with families that encompass caring, supportive interactions; partner with families in communicating with teachers and school staff
Branches’ Way – Grow Deeper, Climb Higher
Worth— We believe each person has sacred value, is created in the image of God and has inherent self-worth. People matter and therefore are our priority.
Wonder— We dream and then co-create the future with students and families which means we do not wait for the future to just happen.
Welcome— At Branches all people are welcomed, received and valued in contrast to the rejection and exclusion that people all too often experience in the world.
With — What we do is transformational and not transactional. We connect with people and build relationships as opposed to treating people like a number or a service unit. Together we become the Branches family.
Walk— While the destination is important, we recognize the journey is the essential part. The day-to-day work we do is like walking with people on the journey in which we all explore, discover and become renewed.
Words– We create a positive, hopeful environment at Branches through the ways and the words we speak to others. Be our words fun, friendly, firm or whatever, we always affirm the other and speak with love.
Work is performed either in regular office conditions (25%) or in an afterschool enrichment setting providing services to children and families (70%) at the Branches Community Center site. Various types of meetings may be conducted in other parts of Miami-Dade County that will require some travel (5%). These meetings may include program specific trainings, partner and volunteer development, outreach to the neighborhood, among other meetings. The program will have some evening and weekend service events or programming. Reliable transportation may be needed as the position requires commuting to meetings and trainings, some of which may be on evenings or weekends.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION NOTICE
We follow Federal Law requirements to provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, candidates, and employees who qualify. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to perform any of the job functions of this position.
As a full-time member of Branches, staff are eligible for the following benefits: affordable medical, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance, 15 paid holidays per year, vacation, and sick/personal time off, and 6% retirement matching with the 403 (B) plan.
*Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. We do not sponsor employment visas. *
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Teaching, or related field is preferred
- Completion of DCF 40 hour Introductory to School-Age Child Care Training is required
- Completion of DCF School-Age Child Care Staff Credential, or completion of courses during the first year of employment, is required
- Proficiency in written and spoken English necessary; Spanish and/or Creole language skills are a plus