Are you an experienced Dental Assistant who loves to teach? Do you enjoy building relationships and have a passion for helping students excel in their dental careers? Colorado Dental Assisting School, located in Colorado Springs is looking for a part-time Instructor on Tuesday evenings for our Dental Assisting program.
DESCRIPTION: The primary role of a Dental Assisting School Instructor is to provide instruction to students through educational materials and curriculum provided while adhering to state standards. In addition, the Instructor will perform timely setup and breakdown of materials needed, will track and communicate student attendance to the administration, and will track and communicate student progress through tools provided.
The Dental Assisting Instructor will promote application to the Colorado School for Dental Assisting and continued enrollment through the expansion of our social media by posting at least one photo per session with the option for student interaction through the use of tags. The critical skills required for this role are excellent communication skills, demonstrating an attention to detail, implementing and improving our curriculum and set up/break down procedures, and building rapport with students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
- Actively communicating curriculum effectively through state-approved educational materials to keep our students focused on completion of the school program while making students know we care about them as individuals
- Take an active role in tracking and communicating both student progress and attendance while encouraging participation in every aspect of the curriculum
- Oversight of day-to-day instruction of students as outlined in the school curriculum
- Actively posting photos and articles to the school's social media websites in order to promote student participation in the program and encourage further applicants
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- EDDA certification
- 3 plus years in the Dental field as a Dental Assistant-EDDA
- X-Ray certification
- CPR Certification
- Ability to lift and or move up to 10 lbs
- Excellent presentation skills, public speaking experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills