Streetsense seeks a Senior Research Strategist to drive qualitative research methods across varied streetsense studios. We are looking for a new team member to help shape consumer-focused research methodologies and qualitative research approaches – that inform our strategy and design teams about how people use and engage with spaces and places. This work will cross a myriad of project types, in both the private and public sector, and will shape both audience analysis and market research design techniques and research strategies. Internally-facing research will also place a role in the growth of our corporate knowledge base and (when applicable) be shared publicly for business development purposes. As a growing, yet small studio, our newest hire must embrace collaboration, have strong communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
- Play a hands-on role in the ideation, creation, implementation, and management of consumer-focused research with the goal of providing insightful and actionable consumer intelligence for public and private sector real estate clients
- Lead and conduct comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research and surveys to understand consumer preferences and motivations in various areas that affect real estate decisions – consumer trends, market performance, urban planning, economics, etc.
- Visualize data, analysis, and recommendations in the form of infographics, reports, charts, maps, and other multi-media information products using tools like ArcGIS, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Participate in collaborative client and internal brand vision sessions to ensure the best research frameworks are developed to support brand and place vision strategies.
- Organize and conduct consultation meetings, site visits, and design charrettes with a variety of public and private sector real estate clients.
- Contribute original research to our content marketing efforts, including blog posts, thought leadership pieces, industry trends, and infographics.
- Assist in the development of proposals and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Perform comprehensive analysis in the form of technical reports, data, maps, and graphic materials to address current problems and provide guidance.
- Continually challenge past and current thought by bringing to the table new methodologies, technologies and general ideas for research that are unique and outside the box.
- Genuine interest in consumer research, audience identification, data visualization as well as cutting edge industry trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, superior analytical capabilities, and ability to translate findings to actionable recommendations
- Strategic thinking, demonstrated initiative, and a strong desire for leadership responsibility
- Intellectually curious, self-starter who is comfortable taking a leadership role and working as a member of a team
- Ability to take independent initiative and demonstrate analytic problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, market research, urban planning, economics, public policy, real estate, or other related field
- Previous experience conducting real estate and/or consumer market research and data analysis for a variety of industry sectors, including retail, is preferred
- 5 – 7 years of experience
- Cover letter
- Writing sample / Sample of data analytics & visualizations
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.