Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Regional Service Manager will assist and support a portfolio and Services personnel as assigned by Management and Operations. The Regional Service Manager is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their assigned portfolio including building, grounds and building systems. In consultation with the Regional Manager, Community Manager and Service Managers, the Regional Service Manager hires and trains maintenance and service team in accordance with the organization’s human resources policies and union contracts. The Service Manager will mentor and guide the Community Service Manager and maintenance staff. This position reports to the VP of Facilities.
- Collaborates with the Community Managers to implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Coordinates compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and guidelines, MSDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, fire codes and other relevant rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with approved contractors and vendors.
- Along with Service Managers, conducts regular inspections of all Building Systems including fire extinguishers, sprinkler, and alarm systems.
- Works closely with Regional Manager and Community Manager in creating, scheduling capital budgets.
- Coordinates with Regional Manager annual maintenance programs for apartments and common areas.
- Coordinates with Service Managers for necessary repairs and maintenance in apartments and common areas including refurbishment for move-ins.
- Along with Service Manager, ensures the grounds of the property are maintained including landscaping and snow removal. Coordinates the removal of garbage and trash for the property.
- Coordinates Staffing schedules with Service Manager to ensure the proper maintenance of office public spaces, residential apartments, and grounds.
- Responsible for all REAC Inspections.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies' parts and equipment.
- Maintains all required maintenance files.
- Schedules and conducts training sessions and department meetings.
- Informs Regional Manager and Community Manager of any resident issues or concerns.
- Understands and implements the role of the department’s safety and disaster plan.
- Participates in safety committee meetings.
- Attends all required training, in-service and staff meetings.
- Along with the Service Managers, ensures that all company uniform and grooming standards for the department are followed.
- Along with the Service Manager’s, strives to maintain a safe working environment through the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the Fairstead Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ related experience in property management dealing with rent stabilization and affordable housing properties
- Great Organization and Project management skills
- Able to implement and improve policies and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in Yardi Software is required
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Strong communication skills and leadership skills
- Experience with managing remote staff
- Purchase and contract renewal negotiation experience