Regional Sales Manager, South will work with the Sterilex Commercial team to profitably increase sales by developing new business, maintaining existing business and building relationships with accounts and distributors throughout a specific region.
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex core market segments.
- Manage sales targets and generating sales plans to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end-users. Communicating product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information regarding industry needs to the management team.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
- Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
- Perform sales forecasting and distributor relationship management.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Exemplify Sterilex core values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, innovation and leadership.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years’ sales experience in the chemical, sanitation, or food safety industry OR minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing plant with expertise both in plant operations and sanitation.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US.
- Oral Communication: must be able to clearly and effectively communicate verbally with clients, potential clients, vendors and staff; speak clearly and persuasively; listen and get clarification when necessary; Respond informatively to questions; Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Training: Clearly explains concepts; Varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Excellent sales skills, good listener
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Budget management: Works within approved budget
- Willingness and ability to develop service reports and expense reports.
- Aggressive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to walk multiple flights of stairs.
- The ability to stand and walk around in a plant environment up to 8 hours at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Professional home office environment. Quiet enough to take phone calls.
- Need access to broadband internet and cellular telephone signal.
- Often will work from hotel rooms and airports.
- Will spend significant amount of time working in and around manufacturing environments.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Periodic exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Protective clothing or equipment is required including: gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, hair nets, protective eyewear when in a manufacturing environment.