Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 12,500 apartments in 15 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
As Traveling Community Manager you will travel to properties across the country. You will take charge by leading the repositioning, re-branding, and lease-up efforts at our new acquisitions by implementing your aggressive marketing ideas and strategies. You will be responsible for managing daily operations of properties and performing duties including aggressive rent collections, managing delinquencies, pushing rent growth, and addressing resident concerns. You will have the opportunity to manage long-term stable assets, in addition to helping with the newly purchases acquisitions. You will manage and implement the marketing plan and techniques used in each specific market, and play a key role in developing the property by being involved in the recruiting and training of new management & leasing professionals..
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies
- Establishes expectations and goals for staff and evaluate performance.
- Ensures proper staffing or coverage of the site at all times
- Coordinates all site-specific aspects of payroll including the management of employee timecards/Fingerchek
- Maintains scheduled office hours, condition of office and that all administrative assistant responsibilities are handled professionally.
- Supervises and monitors completion of on-site tasks related to preventive maintenance, routine maintenance, and emergency maintenance; document, timely, in Yardi.
- Directing and monitoring maintenance staff responses to requests for service and emergency repairs
- Building Management
- Consistently working to clear HPD violations
- ECB/DOB violation clearing when applicable
- Coordinates vendor bids and contractor quotes.
- Conducts required unit inspections; move-in inspection with new incoming tenants, annual inspections for all units, and move-out inspection. All inspections must be documented and place in the tenant’s file.
- Conduct bi-annual walk throughs with Building Superintendent and create reports for review to ensure all buildings under the PM’s responsibility are properly maintained and building needs are appropriately noted, planned for, and addressed.
- Develop on-going maintenance work and monitoring plan to ensure building is properly maintained and is in compliance with fire safety and sanitation regulations.
- Respond to emergencies in timely manner and communicate with appropriate GFB staff to develop response/intervention as needed
- Implement any and all corporate and property policies and procedures
- Attend weekly construction meetings
- Provide and obtain updates on various ongoing construction projects
- Provide and obtain updates on unit renovations
- Work with construction team on:
- Prepare monthly financial cover sheet
- Attend monthly financial catch up meeting
- Monitor budgets
- Ability to explain irregularities on variances
- Through DRI process
- Regular certifying of open violations
- Avoiding violations
- Necessary access
- Ensure all purchases are completed within budget and are processed in a timely manner
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience including supervising a team (property management, hospitality, retail or restaurant management)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Flexible, outgoing, authentic and confident personality
- Ability to thrive in an informal, yet fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Promoting opportunities in the company and assist in building the team
- Travel 90%