Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology is seeking a Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA. The candidate must have a TS/SCI with ability to pass a CI Poly required.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Configure operating systems.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 2 year of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS Must be a US Citizen; Ability to work in a team environment Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications XML Proficiency DoD 8570 Compliant holding current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.) Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Current CI polygraph
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/