Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The Assistant Contract Manager for Client Grant Assistance provides support to the contract management unit in the administration of client grant funding. The position has primary responsibility for overseeing all emergency client grant revenue/expenses and reporting. S/he will also assist the contract management unit in completing other government invoicing as needed.
· Tracks and oversees emergency client grant revenue and expenses.
· Reviews and approves client grants in Salesforce.
· Completes credit card reconciliation of all client grant purchases.
· Maintains current knowledge of agency protocols and funder restrictions around client grants.
· Completes government and private fiscal cost reports related to client grants.
· Reviews expense, program, and funding code allocations in Fund EZ.
· Coordinates with program administrative staff and data teams to ensure client grant funding is correctly allocated and tracked in Salesforce.
· Assists Director of Contract Management and Compliance in maintaining centralized file of departmental and program allocations of client grant revenue by funding source.
· Assists Director of Finance on annual budget projections for client grants.
· Assists Contract Management unit with other government invoicing, as needed.
· Assists Contract Management unit in collecting back-up docs for fiscal cost reports and audits.
· Performs any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by the Director of Contract Management and Compliance.
· BA/BS with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
· Experience working with government agencies and knowledge of government funding preferred.
· Experience in grants/contract reporting and compliance in the fiscal department of non-profit organization preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
· Ability to deliver results, and meet deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of fiscal reports.
· Strong organizational skills required to manage a diverse portfolio.
· Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Budgeted Salary: $62,000 - $65,000
Work position is hybrid
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.