Are you motivated, enthusiastic and enjoy a fast-paced team environment? Do you like to create a great work environment and best place to shop for customers? Then you have found the best place to work. Apply today and join our Customer Service team!
No nights! We are open 6:30am-6:00pm and starting pay $15.00+ per hour.
At Norfolk Hardware & Home Center we provide goods and services to approximately 400-700 customers each day and are proud to be a community based place to shop. We continue to develop and add to our dynamic, diverse team and we are seeking new team members.
As a Front End Associate you will be a key piece of the overall customer experience. It is the last opportunity we have to ensure the customer was able to find all the items they were looking to buy and answer their questions. For you to be successful in the Front End Associate Cashier role, you will have a can-do attitude, be friendly, and have the desire to provide excellent service to our customers. Be part of a long-standing, family-owned business with the opportunity to learn and grow in the hardware/home center industry. Norfolk Companies is very diverse with other businesses and plenty of opportunities for learning and growth.
We are conveniently located at the corner of Gallivan Blvd and Morton St. The 21 and 26 bus routes stops in front of the store or and we are near the Ashmont red line station. We are about a 20-minute walk from the 28 bus route.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to:
- Be Customer Focused - Ask questions, interact with customers, and create a Positive Customer Experience
- Be Efficient - Ring up customers' purchases quickly and accurately, handle cash, checks, and credit card transactions per company policy.
- Be Proactive - assist customers by answering questions, directing them to items in the store, or inquiring via phone.
- Be a Team Player - Work together as a team to assist other cashiers when needed and identify possible shrinkage by pointing out items on carts or undercarriages they may not be able to see.
- Be Organized - Keep the register area clean and stocked with bags, register tape, pens, etc.
- Be Reliable - Regular, on-time attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Be Positive & Friendly - Maintain a positive image as a Norfolk employee and address all situations in a professional manner.
- Be curious - Be interested in the products we sell and want to learn more about them and how to use
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication and customer service skills via face-to-face and phone, with a varying customer base
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
- Good computer skills
- Ability to assist customers with product inquiries
- Ability to complete basic math
Education and Experience
- 1+ year customer service/cashier experience (preferable with one employer)
- Hardware store experience desired
- Neat and presentable appearance
- Professional demeanor
- Able to stand for long periods
- Frequently needed to walk the store and occasionally climb step stool or ladder
- Able to communicate verbally with customers
- Able to read computer screen and price tags with small print
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.