Substitute/Part Time ESL Instructor (Monday - Friday - AM or PM hours available)
Kings Los Angeles, Hollywood is currently seeking part-time ESL instructors to create a welcoming and supportive environment for international students studying at Kings in our General English program.
Kings Education is a leading group of international language schools in the UK and US, operating since 1957. We deliver some of the best English language training courses available to international students and prepare them for success in university programs.
For more information, visit us at www.kingseducation.com.
Applicants should have strong background in international education and enthusiasm for intercultural exchanges. Ideal candidates are outgoing, flexible, creative, and detail-oriented.
- Teach 6 to 32.50 hours a week depending on course and program need
- Create weekly lesson plans following established curricula, supplementing with authentic materials when necessary
- Administer weekly unit tests
- Record weekly grades, and complete progress reports in a thorough and timely fashion
- Develop and refine curricula in collaboration with the center’s Academic Affairs Manager
- Embrace and develop new ways of engaging students with technology
- Participate in weekly teacher meetings and regular training sessions.
- TESOL or equivalent
- Prior ESL language classroom teaching experience
- Experience working with multiple technological programs and software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Tact, patience, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Good problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (local candidates preferred)