Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct operations at the scenes of incidents, alert Lieutenants as needed
• Write investigative, incident, accident, and similar reports
• Complete daily activity reports, payroll, and equipment inventory reports
• Ensure security professionals follow policies and procedures and provide feedback to the Lieutenant as needed to correct behavior
• Train and provide regular guidance to officers to provide secondary management and leadership support
• Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives
• Interpret, convey, and ensure implementation of agency policies, procedures, and methods; ensure that staff has clear guidelines of authority and responsibility
• Provide new-hire and professional development continuing education training for Downtown Dallas Security professionals
• Issue and maintain equipment including radios, bikes, uniforms, etc.
• Performs safety, patrol and security duties by motor vehicles, bicycle or on foot
• Assist Dallas Police Department (DPD) and Crisis Intervention with homeless engagement and Quality of Life (QOL) issues
• Develop targeted patrols to address QOL issues in high risk areas
• Represent the Down Dallas Security in a professional manner on the job, at meetings, and special events
• Provide high level of customer service to citizens and visitors by answering questions and addressing complaints through internal investigations
• Coordinate with DPD quality of life ordinance enforcement
• Coordinate with Clean Team to address maintenance issues downtown
• Ensure Downtown Dallas Security professionals are uniformed in a neat and presentable manner
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in law enforcement, security, or other relevant work experience with two years of supervisory capacity
• Understanding of City of Dallas codes and ordinances
• Meet officer renewal deadlines, Level III requalification DPS
• Working knowledge of Equipment Inventory – radios, uniforms
• Knowledge of Time & Attendance, Performance Management and Injury-on-Duty processes
• Bi-lingual ability is desirable
• Ability to define problems, collect data and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions and draw valid conclusions.
• Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Working knowledge of EPONIC and TrackTic Reporting System
• Working knowledge of Body Cameras and video software
• Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
• Trustworthy: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
• Courage: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations
• Service: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
• Unity: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Professional maturity: The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations.
• Initiative: Takes a responsible, proactive approach and willingness to get things done independently; readiness to take the lead on new projects, ideas, tasks, or assignments.
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
• Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems and applications used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
• Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data/information
• Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities. Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
• Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
• Good physical condition with the ability to pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician
• Perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication
• Moderate to high stress level
• Activities in which you must convey by spoken, detailed word or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
• Willing and able to walk, stand, and bicycle outdoors in extremes of climate for an eight-hour shift
• Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
• Close and distance vision
• Requires heavy public contact requiring considerable interpersonal skill, extensive interaction with the public, donors, and members requiring a high degree of customer service skills
• Ability to work the day and evening shifts and weekends as needed.