Technical Support Engineer Tier 2 or 3 (THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ROSH-HAAIN, ISREAL)
As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, BackBox is changing the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates all operational activities including orchestration, backup, recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies, infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall risk.
As a global organization with representation around the world, BackBox supports customers within every major geographical region and industry, resulting in exposure to a variety of environments and unique customer requirements.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated bilingual (Hebrew and English) Technical Support Engineer to join our technology-driven, jack-of-all-trades team to provide the best support and services in network automation software as we take our company to the next level.
What will you bring to BackBox?
- Experience supporting applications residing on-premises (VMware, Hyper-V), or cloud-based (AWS, Azure, and GCP).
- Experience working with CLIs, APIs, and knowledge of HTTPS.
- Protocol inner workings (cURL/wget tools).
- Demonstrated knowledge of pipelining and text processing (parsing) on Linux shell.
- Demonstrated scripting abilities in Bash.
- An understanding of the benefits and utility of automating routine tasks.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, collaborative, growing, global company.
- The ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Strong background in case management, prioritization, and case backlog.
- Fluent English.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Tier 2-3 technical support role for global customers is a must.
- A good understanding and knowledge in IT networking is a must.
- Hands-on experience with network security devices such as firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.) is a must.
- Cyber Security oriented is a must.
- Additional certification in Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of Python or other languages is preferred.
- Willingness to work M-F is preferred.
If you thrive working in a high-growth, progressive, small company, and you are passionate about helping customers and companies solve problems, we look forward to hearing from you! BackBox is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with talented people who are passionate about building a company by which all other companies are measured. We are a company comprised of experienced individuals and proven leadership that is looking to take BackBox to the next level.
If you have what it takes, please submit your résumé and cover letter to BackBox. Please note BackBox is currently not accepting third party resumes.
BackBox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. BackBox is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.