What you’ll do:
You will collaborate with our globally recognized corporate clients, award-winning consulting partners, and development partners to direct urban design and planning projects on the cutting edge of innovation. Your work will be fast-paced and creative, requiring strong organizational, interpersonal and client management skills to infuse scope, schedule, and budget structure into a rapidly evolving interdisciplinary design and planning process.
Why is this role important?
Our corporate campus work seeks nothing less than to transform suburban office environments into thriving, resilient communities. You will be a key client contact for some of our most high-profile clients, working at the leading edge of corporate and neighborhood planning.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or Landscape Architecture program.
- Have at least 8+ years of experience managing urban design projects.
- Proficiency with all aspects of project management including generating scopes, budgets and proposals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, and/or Smartsheet and Adobe Creative Suite are required.
What you'll bring:
- ArcGIS, Revit, and AutoCAD experience are preferred.
- Adaptability and versatility are a must, as is the ability to mentor less experienced staff.
- Strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to facilitate group charrettes and present concepts at consultant, client and community meetings.
- Ability to lead teams and provide creative direction to planning efforts at a variety of different scales, from streetscapes to community planning efforts.
- Proactive communication style, both with colleagues as well as clients and partners.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.