Pay Range: $17.00 - $21.25/hr
Status: Year-round Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Arapahoe Basin Building Maintenance staff has a dynamic role in daily operations at the ski area and we work for and/or with every department at the ski area on a daily basis.
As a Building Maintenance Tech at A-Basin, you will perform preventive and repair service to maintain all of our facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
This position may include carpentry, drywall repair, and minor electrical, plumbing and flooring projects.
It is important that we are friendly and knowledgeable about the building facilities, activities, and events at the mountain and willing to go out of our way to find out answers to any and all questions.
Building Maintenance techs at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program based on experience and skills, which relates to applicable pay. See below individual requirements for each stage.
If you are looking for a dynamic role in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, this is the job for you!
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- 4 10-hour shifts, with 3 days off
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off (PTO) and sick pay for all employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Work under the direction of the Facilities Manager and the Level 2 or 3 Building Maintenance Tech to build and repair a wide variety of building maintenance issues including: carpentry, drywall repair, minor electrical, minor plumbing, minor tile/carpet/flooring, and painting
- Perform routine preventive building maintenance checks on a regular basis of all buildings and facilities; bring issues that are found to the attention of the Facilities Manager and Level 3 Maintenance person.
- Be in charge of inventorying paper products and supplies such as toilet paper, hand towels, soap, etc. for public and employee restrooms as needed; work with the F&B Director for ordering details
- Organize the Building Maintenance Office and storage areas; keep inventory on various “on hand” supplies such as light bulbs, replacement parts like screws, hinges, etc.
- Compile a list of materials necessary for operation that the Facilities Manager and/or Building Maintenance Level 3 need to purchase
- Assist with maintaining and repairing certain off-site employee housing units
- Assist Base Area staff with snow shoveling, parking cars, etc.
- Occasionally assist with summer landscaping projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in carpentry, plumbing and heating, electrical and masonry
- Strong customer service skills; willingness to greet and engage positively with guests
- Basic knowledge to operate simple hand tools and small power tools
- Ability to use full range of body motion and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, throw throughout a 10-hour shift
- Ability to shovel, push, and move snow or dirt continuously throughout a shift
- Ability to physically operate power tools and hand tools
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Must be available on weekends and holidays
- Must pass a Criminal and Motor Vehicle Record background check
- Work is performed in a high-elevation mountainous environment on uneven snow- and ice-covered dirt parking lots, pavement, and concrete surfaces. Work areas may be exposed to high winds and blowing snow. Working around vehicles and loud machinery is possible on any given day. This is a guest-facing position that involves a high-level of guest interaction on a daily basis.
Building Maintenance Staging Program:
Building Maintenance Tech 1: See above for essential responsibilities and requirements
Building Maintenance Tech 2:
Pay Range: $18.50 - $26.75 per hour
Fulfills all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- 2 years of previous building maintenance experience
- Possess knowledge and skills necessary to build and repair the variety of issues listed in the essential duties above with little or no supervision
- Mid-level knowledge to identify and use simple hand tools and small power tools to accomplish a variety of maintenance projects
- Ability to operate shuttle buses and function as an attendant in the paid parking lot
Building Maintenance Tech 3:
Pay Range: $20.25 - $30.50 per hour
Fulfills all stage I and II responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- 5 years of building maintenance experience at A-Basin or in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge to identify and use simple hand tools and small power tools to accomplish a variety of maintenance projects
- Working knowledge of issues and ability to troubleshoot them with A-Basin-specific: HVAC systems, mechanical doors, lock and key systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, and lighting
- General understanding of A-Basin’s water treatment facility and the water and sewer line layout
- Knowledge of heat tape to control snow melt and prevent ice damage and freezing pipes