The Head of Commercial Operations will be a key member of the Commercial Leadership Team. This role is critical for the successful evolution from a clinical-stage to a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharma company. Additionally, this person will contribute to the development and execution of the commercial, operational and organizational strategies and plans to optimally support commercial launch readiness. The role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer. This is a remote-based position.
- Assist in building, activating, and optimizing commercial capabilities to support excellence in planning and execution of sales, marketing, market access, patient support, HUB services, 3PL and other functions as required
- Assist in standing up business planning, forecasting, and performance monitoring, reporting and management capabilities that enable leadership to effectively manage the business and achieve its goals and objectives
- Identify, recommend, implement, and ensure that the sales functions have the key enabling capabilities in place to achieve business performance objectives including, CRM/Dashboard, Reporting, Forecasting, Call Planning, and Incentive Compensation
- Partner with IT to ensure systems, databases & applications are developed to meet the needs of the Sales Administration department
- Partner with Supply Chain to ensure alignment with demand forecast, inventory expectations, and overall Ex-Factory shipment expectations
- Assist in developing a world class Commercial Training and Employee Development function to ensure a strong and compliant commercial launch and support the ongoing growth and development of the employee base
- Minimally, a BA/BS; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- 15+ years of work experience in the pharma / biotech industry preferred
- Strong commercial understanding including Go-To Market strategies, field Incentive Compensation design & execution, sales, and marketing KPIs and Metrics; strong understanding of sales processes; customer segmentation, customer profiling methodologies, and understanding of how they impact financial results
- Understanding of commercial aspects of Oncology and Rare Disease, including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, and regulatory environments
- Exposed to new product launches / product management practices with a focus on sales force sizing, targeting / segmentation, etc.
- High exposure to US pharmaceutical market dynamics and competitive intelligence – knowing market trends, familiarity of trends in healthcare, emerging business models and best practices
- Strategic mindset with high degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes, and methodologies to enhance commercial operations
- Startup experience is important