The purpose of this position is to serve as the first point of contact for end-users seeking technical support related to workstations, software, applications, or other equipment via a Helpdesk ticketing system. Participate in the testing and evaluation of new hardware and software. Support mobile and remote workforce requests for assistance. Document solutions to problems and develop end-user guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform computer hardware, software and peripheral setup, installation, and configuration (i.e. monitors, keyboards, etc.).
- Provide new employee technology orientation and set-up.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Utilize workstation imaging software to streamline workstation deployment.
- Coordinate with facility staff for the installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing support of printers.
- Respond to incidents concerning computer operation and apply troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose hardware, software and operator problems.
- Enter status and completion information for assigned tasks.
- Perform troubleshooting of connectivity problems with LAN connections, WiFi, air cards, or VPN connections.
- Assist with hardware asset inventory control assessments.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Entry - 0 to 3 Years
Mid - 4 to 7 Years
- 2+ years of Help Desk or related experience (Preferred)
- Associates degree with a technical major (Preferred)
- Security+ CE certification, or the ability to achieve certification within six months (Required)
- Other technical certification or equivalent experience (Preferred)
- Familiarity with administrative functions in Windows or Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding TCP/IP network concepts and Ethernet switch configuration
- Familiarity with Office 365 or Microsoft Azure (Preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory (Preferred)
- VPN remote access configuration and troubleshooting experience
ADDTIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work on-site. This is not a remote position.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented, fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in common business software (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint)
- Due to contractual requirements must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Must be able and willing to travel (CONUS/OCONUS)
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives. Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified people with disabilities to perform the job.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.