The Accounting Analyst position is a supporting role to the Accounting and Asset Management departments of Bellwether Housing. This position will be responsible for implementing innovative approaches to data collection, analysis, and interpretation. The Accounting Analyst will work collaboratively with Accounting and Asset Management with developing and generating benchmarks, trend and variance analysis, and significant transaction reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the annual budget preparation.
• Reviews and investigates budget variances – cash and accrual basis.
• Works collaboratively to develop and maintain KPIs/ Dashboards.
• Performs and prepares ad-hoc analyses.
• Performs financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support.
• Develops and maintains financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
• Maintains Bellwether’s online banking platform.
• Reconciles and analyzes Bellwether’s investment portfolio.
• Monitors and analyzes current cash flows for operations and forecasts cash needs.
• Analyzes monthly consolidated financial statements and investigates significant variances and unexpected results in conjunction with Portfolio Managers.
• Assists with the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
• Prepares quarterly primary account reconciliations.
o Fixed Asset Roll-forward
o Debt Roll-forward
o Intercompany Transactions
Asset Management Analysis:
• Creates and maintains analytical tools to support the Property Management, Real Estate Development, and Finance teams.
• Reviews and interprets operating performance results, proactively monitors and responds to performance indicators, and identifies potential watch list issues.
• Provides analyses, forecasts, and tracking to alert Portfolio Managers and stakeholders to trends and events affecting Bellwether’s properties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3 + years of accounting experience.
• Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and disclosure requirements.
• Working knowledge of partnership tax accounting.
• Experience coordinating annual GAAP audit and assisting in the preparation of draft financial statements.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel (including Pivot Tables and V-lookup), and Outlook, as well as accounting software applications (MIP and Yardi preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with a diverse group.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization.
• CPA credential.
• Relevant accounting and financial management experience with a non-profit, affordable housing organization that develops, constructs, and manages multi-family rental properties.
• Working knowledge of HUD, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, and the State of Washington and City of Seattle housing programs.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and disclosure requirements relating to the consolidation of a multi-entity organization.
• Strong working knowledge of partnership accounting and partner allocations and taxation.
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to
employment with Bellwether Housing.
• A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or company-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000 per year, depending on experience. Generous Benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm