COMPANY MANAGER-SIGNATURE THEATRE
Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a seasonal COMPANY MANAGER for The Pershing Square Signature Center on West 42nd Street.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened The Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at signaturetheatre.org
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a full-time/seasonal Company Manager for our 2022/2023 season. The Company Manager will report to the General Management department.
We expect the position to begin August 22, 2022 and run through June 20, 2023. This is a full-time seasonal position.
· At least two years related experience – General Management, Company Management or General Admin in a theatrical/event office is desired
· Familiarity with union collective bargaining agreements (AEA, SDC, USA, 802) is helpful but not required
· Covid Safety Certification – will be provided if not already obtained
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to handle sensitive material in a respectful manner – strong interpersonal skills
· A team player with a sense of humor with the ability to work under pressure
· Time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines during high volume times
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint etc...)
This is a salaried, seasonal and exempt position. Weekly pay rate is $1,140.00
Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in tax-saving flexible spending and commuter accounts.
· Serve as liaison between artists, management and production personnel for all Signature productions and readings
· Draft and administer artist contracts and correspond with artist representatives and unions
· Provide onsite coverage at rehearsals and performances, including evenings, weekends and holidays, to respond to the ongoing needs of each production
· Process and distribute weekly company payroll and generate union reports
· Process all house seat and company ticket requests utilizing Tessitura and manage ticket inventory in conjunction with Marketing and the box office
· Prepare check requests and reimbursements for processing
· Track expenses and reconcile company management budget
· Serve as back-up Covid Safety Manager when applicable
· Manage travel, accommodations, artist visas, and other special requests for artists as necessary
· Communicate company policies to artists and Signature staff
· Organize company events including meet and greets, opening and closing nights and other special events as needed
· Provide administrative support for overall departmental needs