Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services.
With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
Fairstead is seeking a Service Technician to perform routine and extensive maintenance of the property’s exterior and interior. The Service Technician will conduct preventative property maintenance and repair mechanical systems and equipment as needed. This position is responsible for maintaining clean and hygienic conditions of the Fairstead property’s premises and facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for assisting with repairing and maintaining the community features, ensuring a safe and clean living experience for your residents. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs around the community.
- Respond to service needs and make-ready schedule. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, working closely with your manager and other community team members. During the turnover process, you will help execute painting and cleaning vacant apartment homes.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- General interest in custodial and/or maintenance work and an ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
- Spanish speaking preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent