Our Closing Manager’s primary role is to coordinate due diligence for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. You must be detail oriented and an excellent communicator, as this role regularly collaborates across our business, as well as partnering with external third-party lenders, borrowers, counsel, and title companies. If you have a passion for the creation and preservation of Affordable Housing, then apply TODAY!
After one year as a Closing Manager, you’ll know you were successful if you can…
- Collect, review, and organize due diligence items customary to a LIHTC property real estate closing, which may include but are not limited to, title, survey, organizational documents, loan documents, insurance certificates, construction documents, environmental reports, etc.
- Coordinate internal approvals.
- Interface with third parties during the closing process.
- Assist in preparing Investment Committee packages.
- Assist in preparing closing packages for the transition of projects.
- Analyze and update financial projections
What we are looking for…
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead and coordinate sensitive and confidential information
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Effective organizational skills with attention to detail
- Mortgage experience is NOT required. Professions that do well in this type of role are Paralegals, Construction/Development Analysts, Affordable Housing Managers, LIHTC Compliance professionals, and Asset Managers
With over 30 years’ experience, financial services company Merchants Capital is recognized as one of the top multifamily and affordable lenders nationwide. We are a full-service debt and equity provider and servicer for the refinance, acquisition, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation of multifamily, affordable, senior, and student housing. We are also a tax credit equity syndicator, delivering the best-in-class financing on all aspects of affordable housing transactions, and provide the best origination and service of its loan and investment products with outstanding customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations. Merchants Capital has originated and closed more than $22 billion in financing and now services more than $14.8 billion. To learn more, visit www.merchantscapital.com