3rd shift - 11:00pm-7:00am 5 days a week.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Secures/opens museum and other campus buildings as scheduled
- Performs routine rounds of all buildings/areas as scheduled
- Checks doors/windows of buildings to ensure tightly closed/locked; notes in log any unlocked
- Responds to all security requests on campus, relays messages to Supervisor
- Determines when incident requires written report, which report form to use and submits to
supervisor; may prepare other written reports as directed by supervisor.
- Completes all incident reports by taking the time to investigate; promptly reports incidents or
risks that require Supervisor’s attention
- Monitors security camera monitors/observes campus activity
- Maintains a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times
- Observes the highest standards of conduct of the department and organization.
- Helps to maintain the highest standards of integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
- All other security duties as needed and required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enhanced knowledge of basic security and Emergency Action Procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
- Must be flexible and capable to work alone as well as in teams.
- A MASS MoCA Security Guard requires a high school diploma (or GED) or job-related work experience
- Our Guards must be -- or willing to be -- trained and certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED, as well as other emergency procedures (i.e., fire and disaster evacuations, active shooter)
- Acts as a team player who works well with others, and shows courtesy and respect to colleagues
- Is able to work alone and as part of a team
- Has strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy
- Has strong verbal, communication, and analytical skills
- Is adept in conflict resolution; ability to de-escalate a wide range of situations
- Has strong attention to detail, and ability for multi-tasking and critical thinking
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Is proficient in, or willing to learn, use of a 2-way radio
- Has proficient and legible writing skills (handwritten and typed)
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, with availability on weekends and holidays, and for events, programs, and festivals, including those after museum hours
- This position requires outdoor patrolling year-round, which may include inclement weather
- This position may require work in dimly lit areas, and/or may be subject to strobe lights or other photosensitive situations
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist, bend, sit, walk, stand, and use repetitive movements of the hands
- Must have excellent hearing, vision, and sense of smell in order to be acutely aware of the surrounding environment
- Able to lift, carry, and operate a 25 lb fire extinguisher
- Must be able to wear PPE when necessary
For employment at MASS MoCA, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required for employment.
Minimum starting wage: $17.00/hour plus shift differential.