Looking for a challenge and a position with high visibility and impact? Have you been working in residential remodeling industry for many years and ready to take your career to the next level? Do you enjoy both the technical and operational sides of the construction business?
Our Construction Manager opportunity may be the right fit for you. Norfolk is New England’s largest and fastest growing kitchen and bath company and with stability as a family owned and operated business since 1934. We have some of the best and most talented kitchen and bath designers in the industry. Due to their own success as well as Norfolk's investment in their careers, many of our people make lifelong careers with Norfolk.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the successful sales and operations of Norfolk’s remodeling services. This person will oversee the people and process for the entire department including labor estimators, project managers, assistant project managers and staff carpenters. Will work with Director of Construction and NKB designers and sales management to ensure sales staff are educated on basic construction fundamentals to focus on smooth transition of a sold job from design to completion.
- Work closely with Senior Management to establish labor sales budgets and operational plans to meet goals.
- Lead, manage, and develop installation team through regular coaching, performance management and metrics. Prepare and deliver HR performance management reviews to staff.
- Support showroom sales and design community with Construction training and questions
- Manage the requirements, development and performance of all labor subcontractors.
- Review all labor estimates to verify appropriate nature of estimated work and accurate cost/sell pricing are meeting required margins.
- Be accountable for the signature of all fixed price retail labor contracts and content accuracy.
- Perform post job finance/operation reviews with each PM to determine lessons learned and improvements
- Engage and respond to customers as required for project resolution and satisfaction
- Respond to and manage action items for all labor warranty claims
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting to measure and respond to Construction KPIs
- Ensure all state licensing is valid and renewed as required for PMs and the company
- Coordinate labor and building material training with showroom managers and designers
- Represent TNC-NKB at industry trade events with organizations such as NARI, NAHB, and BRAGB.
- Develop and adhere to truck and tool maintenance schedule. Responsible for consumable truck stock and machine tooling and maintenance. Ensure that machinery is in good working order and that employees are using the equipment properly.
- Provide inputs to and adhere to safety plans/auditing for installed sales department. Ensure proper safety equipment is used by employees and subcontractors.
- Able to serve as backup project manager, as required
Skills you will bring to this role:
- Extensive knowledge of residential remodeling industry and all related interior trades
- Ability to work in very face paced environment with constant schedule and priority changes with sense of urgency
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and customer service skills with both internal and external customers
- Ability to assess problems, find root cause and resolve to customer satisfaction
- Proven problem-solving and decision making and able to keep calm in stressful, time sensitive situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and take off architectural plans and specifications
- High level of professionalism
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Willingness to be flexible, taking on both challenging and non-challenging tasks
Your experience will include:
- 15+ years construction/remodeling sales and management
- Estimating, Sales and strong financial acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven success in managing teams for development and performance
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisors License (CSL) will be needed for this role. Prefer to have candidates already licensed, but will consider non-license with need to become licensed within define timeline.