McCallie is seeking to hire a part-time, adjunct strings instructor.
Job responsibilities include:
- teaching the middle and upper school string ensembles;
- programming and conducting the GPS/McCallie honors orchestra;
- conducting, programming, and preparing ensembles for annual concerts, including performances for admissions, advancement, and alumni events;
- maintaining instrument inventory; and
- other duties as assigned.
The ideal applicant will:
- demonstrate a student centered approach to teaching and possess the ability to engage the imagination of boys with all levels of musical ability and interests; and
- have a deep understanding of McCallie’s mission - including both its commitment to character development and the ideals of honor, truth, and duty and its Christian foundation and Judeo-Christian heritage - and have a desire to live out and serve that mission for the good of McCallie boys.
This is a ten month, part-time position, not eligible for benefits.