Stavros is looking for motivated individual seeking to join our mission as Director of Services
This senior management position oversees coordinators of all independent living services at Stavros and ensures compliance with all contractual agreements related to the mission of independent living.
REPORTS TO: CEO
- Directly supervise and oversees training of Independent Living (IL) Supervisors to ensure effective advocacy, service delivery, and furtherance of Stavros mission.
- Reviews and works with supervisors to allocate appropriate staffing levels, budgets, and staff trainings to ensure the Stavros programs are able to perform their duties as efficiently as possible.
- Administers and reviews IL program contracts to ensure compliance, proper administration including labor allocations and billing. Responsible for reporting and related audit processes under each contract.
- Work closely with the the Systems Change Advocate and CEO to develop and implement strategies to ensure the protection and expansion of disability rights and access in the community, including workshops, listening sessions, legislative advocacy, and advocacy with state agencies.
- Ensures that coordinators submit all quarterly and yearly reports correctly and in a timely fashion required by funding sources.
- Oversees IL staff in charge of the completion and analysis of annual Consumer Satisfaction surveys, as required by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and the Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC).
- Works closely with Personal Care Management (PCM) services, when necessary, to provide consumers with advocacy services requested by the consumer in order to live independently in the community.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to improve our data and management systems.
- Collaborates with other ILCs, local and state agencies, and groups representing the disability community in the development of better services.
- Represents Stavros at local, statewide, and national meetings as needed.
- Participate in training programs that would facilitate a better knowledge of independent living philosophy and local, state-wide, and, national advocacy efforts.
- Assist the CEO, as needed, in the identification of new funding opportunities, as well as the development of proposals for such new funds and ongoing funding for Independent Living contracts.
- Assist the CEO, as needed, with community education regarding access, disability rights, and Stavros programs through newsletters, social media, and press releases.
- Assist the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer, as needed, with development of budgets, amendments, and oversight of spending.
- Other duties and tasks as identified by the CEO.
- Oversees programs that support the ability of consumers to live independently in the least restrictive environment with the appropriate long-term services and supports.
- Review staff performance including evaluations, discipline and, if necessary, terminations of supervisors.
- Oversees the appropriate responses to consumer complaints regarding Independent Living Services and staff.
- Assist with the development and implementation of long-range organizational goals in order to improve the lives of people with disabilities.
- Work cooperatively with the Stavros management team.
- Oversees the Stavros outreach, education, and systems advocacy that explain our services and other community programs.
- Ensures preparation and timely submission of required reports.
Meeting Face-to-Face with Coordinators Frequently
Meet with Consumers Occasionally
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, or equivalent experience. Demonstrate knowledge and abilities in: human service management, interpersonal relations, advocacy, counseling methods, relevant Federal and State regulations and statutes, staff supervision, and community organizing. Knowledge of contract management and administration for both state and federal funding sources. Must be able to work well with diverse groups and individuals and demonstrate knowledge and commitment to all consumers living as independently as possible. Work cooperatively with other members of the Stavros management team. Ability to understand program budgets a plus.