Delta Dental of Iowa is looking for outstanding candidates to fill a Benefits Specialist role. If you have experience providing exceptional quality service to group customers in an insurance environment, this position is for you! You will work in a highly collaborative, self-managed team environment to support ongoing service to existing customers through agents representing groups or directly with groups and/or individuals. You will be expected to research requests, update systems accordingly, respond to requests and follow-up, if necessary. Use your ability to investigate inquiries and explain general benefits related to group/individual coverage over the phone, via email or paper. Responses are to be professional in all situations.
You will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Delta Dental’s exceptional quality service values are consistently delivered.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Ensure service requests received by written or telephonic communications are resolved and responded to in an energized, positive and professional manner. Investigate and resolve service-related customer inquiries from customers and agents. Explain general processes and procedures related to group coverage. Process modifications to group information, customer terminations, reinstates, billing adjustments and resolve web-related inquiries.
- Coordinate and process routine electronic files and paper eligibility data to ensure timely and accurate membership information is recorded within the administration system. Process electronic eligibility files according to customer specifications, engage the customer if any data records contain any discrepancies to ensure quality service.
- Work with Sales and Underwriting to coordinate and communicate highly visible service-related issues. Positive resolutions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction related to stakeholders interactions with Delta Dental.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of administrative systems, CRM and electronic tools to support team processes.
- Actively participate in daily huddles and team’s workload to ensure timely and accurate completion of team’s responsibilities.
- Adhere to processing standards related to quality, documentation and turnaround time. Comply with the policies and procedures of Delta Dental at all times, including DDPA standards as applicable.
- Maintain strict confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience servicing group customers, enrollment and/or business operations, preferably benefits of dental insurance or financial services environment.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to identify, research, and resolve issues by making sound decisions in accordance with team goals, policies and procedures.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with stakeholders and respond to their questions and concerns in a professional, effective and positive manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete assigned tasks and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, use good judgment, organize and function effectively with multiple tasks/assignments.
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as other software as required.
- Competency in basic math skills.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement