Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economic and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for merchants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
Go to www.newmarkmerrill.com to learn more about the company and its culture.
We are looking for a Leasing Coordinator in our Oceanside office. This position supports the Vice President of Leasing on new leases and renewal transactions. If you are experienced in commercial or retail real estate and looking for a position that will allow you to grow in a fast-paced environment within a company with a great culture, this position may be for you!
- Draft and process new leases and amendments, legal notices, name changes, tenant delivery letters and document requests
- Maintain exclusive use, first right of refusal, and signage rights lists for all properties in company portfolio
- Draft owner approval letters for new leases and lease amendments
- Compile, process and track leasing applications for prospective tenants
- Assemble lease files for new tenants and maintain all leasing files
- Collaborate and communicate with accounting team related to new leases
- Handle administrative lease renewals under leasing team direction
- Maintenance of lease filing cabinet organization
- Creating and maintaining critical lease date calendars and monitoring for option exercise, lease expiration, and other critical dates. Sending alerts of such dates to the leasing team.
- Drafting, editing, and sending letters of intent to lease for members of the leasing team.
- Creation of area retail maps, site plans, and other lease exhibits
- Updating marketing collateral on marketing websites: Costar, Loopnet, CREXI
- Gathering data and updating competition maps
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 – 2 years of experience in administration or related field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience creating and editing marketing materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Act and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Adapt to changing and challenging situations, think and act strategically, and demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Must display initiative, be proactive, detail oriented, creative, reliable, and energetic in managing all tasks and priorities.
- Ability & strong desire to collaborate and work as part of a team.