Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure: function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
We are seeking a Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist in the Biophysics group to support the discovery of novel small molecule modulators of RNA targets. This is an opportunity to substantively contribute to a vital function of our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of integrity, intelligence and innovation to make a large impact on our mission.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to Arrakis’ binding platform to characterize small molecule interactions with RNA targets in order to drive drug discovery programs.
- Design, validate and implement direct binding studies like SPR, DSF, ITC, or related biophysical assays.
- Function independently to design, conduct and analyze experimental data.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with the RNA biology, informatics, biology and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- Record, communicate, and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization .
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 4+ years industry experience or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years industry experience.
- Experience with direct binding studies like SPR, DSF, ITC, FP, FRET,UV/VIS, a plus.
- Experience in assay development and medium to high-throughput screening
- Excellent communication, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with laboratory colleagues, research management, and project team leaders.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (April 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.